Barbera d'Alba red wines are often coveted for their deep colour, relative low tannins and high levels of acidity. Young they offer fresh flavours of cherries, blueberries and raspberries. Often rich, bold and full of flavour, a powerful example might be confused to a Barolo or even a Barbaresco. Additionally, there is a distinct difference between Barbera d'Alba and Barbera d’Asti (A similar wine from the neighbouring Asti province) which is often considered more lively and 'feminine'. Coming back to Barbera d'Alba, for it to be legally labeled as such, it must be made from at least 85% Barbera grapes. The other 15% may be made up of Piedmont's most prolific wine grape, Nebbiolo, no other wine grape is permitted for use. The added designation of 'Superiore' may be applied to the label if the wine is aged for 12 months prior to release, of which at least 4 months must be spent in oak barrels.
  • ANGELO NEGRO Barbera d'Alba DOC Dina Red Wine 2016

    $28.00 Add
  • PIO CESARE Barbera d'Alba DOC Red Wine 2015

    $42.40 WAS $254.40 Add
  • PODERE ROCCHE DEI MANZONI Barbera d'Alba DOC Sorito Mosconi Red Wine 2008

    $69.86 Add
  • PIO CESARE Barbera d'Alba DOC Fides Red Wine 2011

    $73.35 Add